The Merlin Drinking Game
Now, I have to say, I like the BBC’s Merlin. This year has proven slightly frustrating in some ways (Morgana just suddenly becoming evil and showing no other character, no-one else in Camelot discovering about Merlin, etc) but it’s a likeable enough show with engaging leads and high production values.
So in preparation for the first part of the two part finale The Coming of Arthur (to be followed next week by The Mopping Up of Merlin) I decided to see if I could put together a quick drinking game in its honour.
The rules so far are that you must down a drink for every one of the following:
- A drink for every evil smirk from Morgana
- A drink for every time Arthur is either looking the other way or ends up being unconscious when Merlin magics something
- Two drinks in celebration if Arthur gets his shirt off. You know… Just because
- A drink for every time Arthur and Merlin bicker like a couple who haven’t fucked in days.
- A drink for every time Tom Ellis appears on screen. You know… Just because
- A drink for every time Gwain grins like a loveable Irish rogue
- A drink for every allegedly abandoned place still well lit by candles
- A drink for every time Morgause acts like someone stole her eyeliner and shat in her handbag
- A drink for every time Merlin goes to Gaius for advice and ends up being told they can’t tell Uther or Arthur
I was totally twatted by eight o’clock last night.
It’s that first rule that was the killer: I saw three smirks. THREE! And one was in full view of Gwen. That’s how evil Morgana is now.
Posted on November 28, 2010 | Filed Under Film, TV, Theatre